Top 10 Biggest lottery jackpots for Powerball, and Mega Million
10. Three tickets sold in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland clinched the $656 million Mega Millions jackpot on March 30, 2012.
9. Two winners from Iowa and New York split the $687.8 million Powerball jackpot, which had a cash option of $396.2 million, in the Oct. 27, 2018, drawing.
8. One ticket matched all numbers in the Oct. 4, 2021, Powerball drawing to win $699.8 million
7. An anonymous group from Maryland won the $731.1 million Powerball jackpot – the largest lottery win in Maryland Lottery history.
6. This massive Powerball jackpot smashed a previous record for the biggest win for a single ticket when Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts won it on Aug. 23, 2017.
5. A 24-year-old Wisconsin man, Manuel Franco, won the $768.4 million Powerball on March 27, 2019.
4. An Oakland County lottery club claimed the largest prize in Michigan Lottery history, a $1.05 billion Mega Millions jackpot on Jan. 22, 2021.
3. A single Mega Millions ticket purchased in a Chicago suburb won the record-setting jackpot of $1.337 billion on July 29, 2022.
2. A single Mega Millions ticket from South Carolina won the second-largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history, $1.537 billion, on Oct. 23, 2018.
1. Three winners claimed the Powerball prize that would be the biggest jackpot in history — $1.586 billion split three ways.